Holding years of expertise in this domain, we have been able to manufacture and supply a qualitative range of LRPC Strand. This strand is manufactured by our adroit professionals using supreme quality materials in accordance with set industry norms. It is used in pre-stressed concrete girders for river, railway bridges, roads, highways and buildings. Moreover, this LRPC Strand is offered to our clients in different specifications at market leading prices.
- Excellent strength
- Superb weather resistance
- Robust in construction
Supply and Packing
The strands are supplied in reel less coils of 3 MT so that the strands can be conveniently pulled from the center of the coil. If required coils can be supplied in special water soluble rust preventive oil for corrosion resistance. Coils are normally packed in the following manner.
- Strapping of coils at six places.
- Wrapping with VPI paper.
- Wrapping with LD-Polythene film.
- Wrapping with one side LD Laminated bituminised jute.
Storage, Handling and use
- Low relaxation strands for prestressed concrete have superior mechanical & chemical characteristics and are utilized under very severe conditions close to the limit of their yield point. Thus best possible care is required in all stages of transportation, handling, storage and use. The following precautions are essential while handling and using pre stressing steel.
- Steel cutting should be effected with abrasive disc cutters or shears and never with electric are or gas flame.
- The steel should be stored in a covered warehouse with good air circulation. For storage in the outdoors, stack reels above ground level, duly covered, however allowing good air circulation to avoid condensation.
- Avoid exposing steel to concentrated sources of heat as they can seriously alter the micro structure of the steel and hence change its characterstics and mechanical properties.